Sunday, August 11, 2013

God is Good All the Time; All the Time God is Good.

Friends, please do not find yourselves confused, corrupted and confined to the ways of this world.  How important it is for us to remember and to believe that God is good.  He is good all the time.

He is good when we find love.
He is good when a child is born.
He is good when a baby says their first word.
He is good when the weather is a perfect 70 degrees.
He is good when we discover a favorite restaurant.
He is good when the dew settles on a summer morning.

Of course He is good then - during times of beauty and flawless joy.

But, He is also good when a loved one dies.
He is good when someone is diagnosed with cancer.
He is good when a natural disaster hits.
He is good when we lose our jobs.

He is good in times of trouble and turmoil.  Even in a world of tragedy, God will burst forth and his glory and blessings will rain down. 

Bold statements, I know.  How can I be so sure of these ideas, beliefs and views?

Because I've lived them firsthand.  Because the Spirit dwells within me and has forever changed my perspective on the world.  Because when my boyfriend suddenly died of leukemia in a swift and cruel manner, I felt nothing but thankfulness beneath my crying.  I was grateful for my relationship with him; for the lessons I learned from my time in his life; for the fact that he had looked at me several days before his death and said, "this is the first time I've been in the hospital and have not been angry with God."  Praises poured out of me instantly.  It was all I could do.  All I could do was cry and praise The Lord.

But I did not praise on my own.  Again - the Holy Spirit lives within me and when that happens to you, your complete view of the world drastically changes.  Your perspective widens.  You are able to see the beauty in such a tragedy.  A peace that absolutely surpasses all human understanding sets in.  It's supernatural.  It's awesome.

Seven months have passed since the death of Richard Gaiser.  I am amazed at how God has used this situation in my life and in the lives of those around me.  It's been a beautiful and heart-wrenching journey that leaves me eager to find what the next seven months will bring.  Search for the Spirit, friends.

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
-Romans 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment