Monday, February 18, 2013

Picture This...

Today was a good day.  It did not even feel like a Monday.  It felt like a Thursday!  Thursdays are my favorite.

I woke up on the positive side of the bed, had good quiet time with the Lord, taught Zumba tonight, took a Body Pump class, had a productive day with work, danced around my house to Beyonce (duh) and ate a ton of chocolate.  Oh and I made green beans!  They weren't very good, but they made me feel kind of adult-like.  Today was warm and sunny.  Today made me happy. 

Tonight, after dinner, I sat down to paint my nails and watch one of my newest Netflix obsessions.  Waiting for my nails to dry, I decided to stretch my legs out a little and work out my muscles.  I was recently given a very nice massage stick that you roll against your muscles to knead them out.  Just like a real massage, this feels better without material in between your muscles and the stick.  Naturally, I decided to just slip off my PJ pants and work on my sore, little legs.

So, picture if you will - and I am sorry (not really) if any of this makes you feel awkward as it is really just meant to be funny - Katie, sitting on her couch, without pants on, rolling this massage stick against her calves, attempting to be cautious of her not-quite-dry nails, with her eyes glued to her laptop, watching the characters of Parenthood rush around a hospital with really sad music playing in the background because one of them has just been in a severe car accident, wearing a pair of underwear she got for free at a Victoria's Secret promotional event that just happen to say "try me" on them (yes, you weren't expecting that, I know.  And now my mom is shaking her head at me as she reads that part.  Also, just don't judge me, okay?)...and all of a sudden - she just starts crying uncontrollably because the writers of Parenthood are REALLY good and this was a REALLY sad moment!

...

I got a good 15 second cry in before I, then, started giggling uncontrollably.  What a moment, right?  What a mess.  What a scene.  I got so cracked up at myself that I even woke George up from his snoring slumber.  Then I texted three friends about what had just happened, in hopes that it would make them smile.  It did.  So I decided to share it with all of you.  Whoever all of you are.  Some of you I know, some I may not.  I hope this made you smile, too.

You know, I can't tell you how many times I have thought to myself, this is not where I thought I would be at this point in my life.  Way too many to count.  And I know many other people who have thought the same thing.  And even though we all may not be where we want to be, or where we feel like we should be, or where we feel entitled to be, we must remember that we are all where God wants us to be.  We are exactly right in His plan.  We must continue to trust Him and we must continue to allow ourselves to cry at our weak moments and laugh at our ridiculous ones.  Otherwise we will all go absolutely insane.

Today was a good day.

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! Miss you!! Come visit T-town soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing! I love reading your stories. And absolutely agree that however we work through our moments - crying, laughter, or laughter through tears - we must trust in God's plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if I will ever reach a point in time when I can quit thinking "this is not where I thought I would be at this point in my life". And I've been around for a while! I loved your story....it made me smile....thank you!
    Carolyn Rovere Westwick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't know you were a blogger Katie my Katie. I love this. Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete