Thursday, May 16, 2013

Lots of Food. Lots of Coffee. Lots of Dancing. And Lots of Praying.

I've been eating a lot. 

In fact...I just ate a few pieces of chocolate...while sitting in my bed.

Whatever.

I also went on a huge chip binge in the middle of the night a few days ago.  I fell asleep at like 10:30 and woke up at 1:30 STARVING.  I had not been to the grocery store in a while and all I had in my pantry?  Potato chips.  So I ate a couple (four) snack size bags and then BOOM - fell right back asleep.  Healthy, I know. 

I went to the grocery store the next day.

But no worries though - I have been teaching a ton of Zumba to balance out my junk food consumption.

I'm not really sure why any of this is relevant to anything in life, but these are the thoughts that came out of my fingertips tonight.  Just a day in the life of your average Zumba instructor/regional recruiter/tornado of a woman.

Lots of food.  Lots of coffee.  Lots of dancing.  And lots of praying.

On my walk with George tonight, I had a wonderful talk with the Lord.  I be sure to let Him know how grateful I was for so many things.  I was also sure to let Him know of all the desires in my heart at the moment (which, of course, He already knows them...but He loves for us to talk with Him).  It is such a beautiful thing that we can come to God and completely honest with Him.  We can tell Him exactly how we are feeling about a situation and He listens as our Heavenly Father.  And just as our real parents do, He listens to our desires, but does not always grant them to us if they are not what is best for us.

I'm so grateful that I, solely, am not in charge of my own life.  I'd screw it up left and right; because as we have already established in the past...I'm such a hot mess.

Praising the Lord for so much tonight.  I hope you are too!

PS - Relay for Life was AMAZING.  I am so glad we did it.  It was the perfect way to honor Richard, as well as so many others.

 










 

No comments:

Post a Comment