Sunday, September 22, 2013

27.

It's the eve of my 27th birthday and I can't help but be reflective. 26 brought so much. More than I ever thought possible. More than I ever dreamt one single year could bring. It brought love, trust, demons, questions, pursuits, friendship (sweet, sweet friendships), dogs, opportunities, first homes, death and a whole {freaking} lot of faith. 

I remember stating that my word for my 24th year of life was "humility." I would say 25 was a year of "discovery." And now, 26 is definitely "faith."

I am anxious to begin my next year of life. To be honest I'm always ready for my birthday. I see it as a day to start fresh, a new chapter, another opportunity to see what the sweet Lord will bring. 

Already I know that it will bring a multitude of beautiful weddings, a new place to live and a fab new roommate, an opportunity to serve on the board of directors for a nonprofit I'm crazy about and a trip to China. Not bad, huh?

God is good my friends. If I have learned a single fact in my 26th year is that He is kind and caring and crazy about me (and you).  He weeps when I weep and sits with me during my suffering. He will NEVER leave me. 

I hope you have a beautiful day tomorrow. And if you can't find any joy in your day, just remember that and revel in His love. 

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. 25 was also my year of discovery!! Having just turned 26, I only hope it's as full of faith as yours has been. Happy birthday, beautiful friend. Cheers to 27! Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete