Sunday, March 31, 2013

I Imagined Richard Completely Healed.

What a beautiful weekend I had, filled with friends, family, encouragement and support (and coffee...always coffee!).  I have never been more grateful to live close to home.  I was able to spend most of Saturday with my parents at their house, dying eggs, relaxing and preparing for a fun Easter with them, my brother, sister-in-law and 2 year old nephew.  That R&R alone was enough to be thankful for.

We woke up this morning and went to an early church service, and how comforting it was to sit in between my parents and hear the word of God.  The pastor helped us remember what the resurrection of Jesus has done for us.  He told stories of sick loved ones being healed by the Lord in their last moments of life, as none of us are 100% healed until He calls us home.  I sat and listened with my head on my father's shoulder and tried hard to fight off tears, but I failed.  (Who is surprised?).  I sat crying, with my dad on my right side, also crying, and my mom on my left side holding my hand.  How grateful am I to have had the opportunity to share that sweet, precious moment with them.

Tears streamed down my cheeks for several minutes as I imagined Richard completely healed of the disease that had taken over him.  I remember seeing him, the last time I would ever get to see him on this Earth, completely tube and IV free.  Just Richard.  How at peace he looked.  He was healed!  No longer suffering, no longer in pain.  He was hauntingly beautiful.  And how comforted am I to know that He has gone home to our God.  That has brought me more peace than I can describe.  I have the resurrection of Christ to thank for that.  Hallelujah, indeed. 

Another thing that struck me this morning was when the pastor said that the resurrection is a reminder that our past does not dictate our future, for if that was true, Jesus would have remained in the grave.  But he didn't - he rose!  And because of that, we do not have to feel that what we have done in our pasts will always affect our futures.  He makes all things new.  What a blessing.  What a beautiful weekend I had.


No comments:

Post a Comment