Saturday, April 6, 2013

Help Us Stop Cancer.




Hi friends.  Not much going on here.  Have had a week of ups and downs...but mostly ups.  The downs come, it seems, because when I get sad about one thing, I get sad about everything that there is to be sad about.  It's normal, I suppose.

Many of you know that we have put together a Relay for Life team, called "Remembering Richard."  Thanks to my sweet friend, Stephanie for putting it all together.  Our event is quickly approaching (Madison Relay for Life, May 10th) and we are nearing our goal.  A goal that started out at $2,000 and has since moved to $3,000 since Steph realized this goal was actually attainable because so many beautiful people have donated; we only have a little left to raise! 

We would love to have your support, either by donations or joining our team (no commitment to walk all night from you...promise!).  Please see the link below if you're interested.

We also have two other outlets for you to help with our team and these involve shopping!  My wonderful high school cheerleading sponsor is now a fabulously, successful Thirty-One representative in our area and will be hosting an event at my parents' home.  Check out her website and event information at the second link below (click on her "My Parties" tab to shop specifically for our team).  Proceeds from the items you buy will be donated to us.

Another sweet member of my home community has teamed up with Steph and will be hosting a Stella and Dot event as well.  Her event information is listed at the third link.  Choose Stephanie Mitchell as the hostess.  This is an invite only event, but you can shop online! :)

Thank you all for your support, encouragement, prayers and donations thus far.  You are helping us raise money to fund research for cancer to help save more lives and birthdays. 

It is more appreciated than you can ever, ever imagine.

Relay For Life Team

Thirty-One Event

Stella & Dot Event

1 comment:

  1. Katie I know you probably don't know me (I went to Stephanie's zumba classes and was at the 2 that you helped teach) but your story breaks my heart. Your blog is amazing. It has forced me to take a hard look at myself and my faith. It seems like after every post I read I ask myself if my attitude would be that positive if I was in your shoes...sometimes my answer is I doubt it. I know that you are human and have your ups and downs but your overall attitude is remarkable. I have prayed many nights for peace and comfort for you. Thank you so much for using such a personal and painful experience to remind us of God's love. Love, Erin

    ReplyDelete