Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Shake It Until We Can Shake It No More.

I am lying in my bed, thankful for a good, long, busy day, and super sore from the Zumba class I taught tonight.  Have I ever told y'all how grateful I am for Zumba?

Now, I know that I talk about it all the time, and joke about the fun I have teaching and love to tell funny stories about classes, etc, etc.  But, man - I am literally so thankful that God blessed me with the ability to teach it.  I never could have imagined how much of a positive impact fun, crazy, sometimes bizarre Zumba would have on my life.

But it is literally the one hour, that I can walk in a room and shed all thoughts of anything that has happened lately.  I get to see sweet participants that are excited to be in class and happy to see me (which is so rewarding and humbling...seriously).  It immediately helps my mood, no matter what it might be at that time.  And for one hour, we all get to just let loose and shake it until we can SHAKE IT NO MORE.  It's so fun.  Such a good workout.  A sweet time to get to know the people I have the privilege to teach.

And of course, we cannot forget the precious ties it has to Richard.  Don't remember that story?  See it again here.  I find it so encouraging to think about all of the ways Richard is still (and always will) touching my heart and teaching me new things.  His body is gone but his legacy lives on.

Thursday will be three months since that great guy went home to be with our God.  I wish I could explain to you how much longer it really feels.  Let me go ahead and ask that you start praying for his friends and family, if you do not mind, for a smooth and easy day.  Let me also let you know that all you beautiful people that have been praying so fervently are so wonderfully, magnificently appreciated.  I know that there is no way I could continue to move forward with a peace without the Lord working in my life.  Oh how He is using you!  If you ever, EVER feel inclined to let me know how I can pray for YOU, please let me know.  It would be an honor.

AND NOW.  Let me leave with you with one of my favorite songs and dances to do in class (and no, this is not a video of me...just want of my favorite gals to steal Zumba routines from).  Feel free to just dance around your room in your undies.  It is TOTALLY worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment