Monday, April 8, 2013

AM I TRYING TO COMMIT EMOTIONAL SUICIDE?!

A few weeks ago I got rid of my cable.  This is an attempt to save money and to save time and to spend both of these on more productive things, so don't you come knocking on my door to watch anything...except for Gilmore Girls on DVD (obviously).

Oh, but I have Netflix.  So really, while this has led to me reading more, it has also caused me to mull over which TV series I will start next.  Since subscribing to Netflix, I have watched seven seasons of How I Met Your Mother, and three of Parenthood.  When I run out I'm like oh my gosh what do I watch next?! 

Well let me tell you.  I recently had the GRAND idea to start watching Grey's Anatomy (I am in the minority here, I know, but I was never a big fan).  I do agree it is a good show; just kind of graphic.  But I watched the first three episodes and did not cry and did laugh.  But then all of the sudden - it hit me.  AM I TRYING TO COMMIT EMOTIONAL SUICIDE?!  Why would I do this to myself?  Why would I watch a TV show whose plot is primarily a hospital, when I am trying to ease myself away from so many painful hospital memories from recent times.  STUPID. 

So anyway.  Everyone just take a deep breath and relax and know that I am no longer committing emotional suicide.  After I came to my senses, I promptly switched to The Office and giggled myself to sleep. 

This is my life, friends.  This is currently my life.  But I am so blessed by my God.  He continues to show me His sweet plan for my life, even through times of tribulation.  Even when I get upset with Him and have a hard time trusting.  He never lets me go and He is patient with my silly stubbornness.

I hope you all had a great day.  Let us continue and go forth.

1 comment:

  1. Katie,

    I am encouraged by seeing you write through your grief process. Thanks for sharing. I know I haven't seen you since RUF in college, but you are really showing me what it looks like to grieve with perspective. Thanks for not being too insecure to share your story, because I know that this will help countless people see the hope of Christ through your struggle.

    -Abby Hassell Randall

    ReplyDelete