Friday, January 10, 2014

A Last Love Letter.

For the last few days my head has been clear as ever and my heart beating me to sleep. That demonstrative thud that reminds me I'm full of love, not the hate that once flooded veins. 

I thank God for this as well as each breath that vacates my lungs. The crisp transformation of oxygen to vein to aortic tendency, God's delicate release. 

I hope you've found peace amongst chaotic times. These days have proven fortunate, the revealing thoughts I used to ask God for as a kid. When I was 9 I recall praying to Him every night for life to make sense. I was curious and wildly infatuated with the consistency of an answer, rather than asking the right questions. As of lately I've been so tied up with questions instead of allowing God to answer. 

Humility has brought me to my knees...and I love every bit of it. I love every bit of God. I love every bit of you. And luckily, today, I'm not playing for keeps. 

Each second I pray in hopes to fully turn over my shortcomings so I can be a device God uses to do his work. I hope he includes you in my journey. 

I love you. 
-R. Gaiser III
September 21st, 2012


Richard's words are so loud, so clear tonight. It's as if I can hear him reading them to me. Wise and precious words to live by and to forever cherish. 

1 comment:

  1. Wasn't going to post this - was gonna call you, but you're retreating? Take this anyway you want to - ravings of a Loon-A-Tick (that's ok and is often accurate). Have you noticed how Richard's hand looks kind of bruised? I was alone at night the week before I saw you, trying to finish the painting and I was getting really irritated - could not get his hand to look right - went to the bathroom - came back and there was a perfect drop of red in the center of his hand (looked very much like blood) - checked my hands - I wasn't bleeding - checked all my paints all of the reds were still sealed (new paints). Went over the red a little, blending it in with some flesh color and his hand came out looking a bit bruised and it seemed to be the way it was supposed be. I did open the reds later and added some to the sun and red flowers below the Church/Fortress - I don't mind someone telling me my painting needs some red in it - but I'll decide where it's gonna go. Love you Katie - because Richard did... .

    ReplyDelete