Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Hope is Around the Corner for You.

I sat in my counselor's office this afternoon, partaking in my last appointment before the one year mark. 

She looked at me and said, well how are you feeling?

I said, I'm ready. I just feel ready. Ready to face the 11th and to end this year of "firsts."

Well you have done your work. You've done your grief work and you have worked hard. You committed an entire year and now hope is around the corner for you. You did good. 

She suggested I think of a verse for the my new year. Scripture to study and pray over for the entire year. She suggested Isaiah 40:31 and I told her I couldn't do that one because when I read it all I think about is Rev in "Remember the Titans" signing the part about soaring like wings of an eagle. 

The more I thought about it the more I focused on Psalm 46:4-5. I fell in love with it back in March at the cabin I am headed to this weekend. Makes perfect sense to choose it as my verse for the year.  

God is always preparing our hearts, friends. Grateful for His mercy and grace. 


There is a river whose streams make glad the city of God, the holy place where the Most High dwells. God is within her, she will not fall; God will help her at break of day.


No comments:

Post a Comment